Southern Ocean Chamber Holiday Hallmarks are meant to provide resources to businesses throughout the LBI region during the holiday season. The series will offer tips and tricks on how to standout as well as innovative marketing strategies, and will remind residents and visitors the importance of supporting local businesses.
– – –
Gift cards are a great way to extend your holiday sales into the new year and encourage giftees to return to your restaurant or business with their family and friends. See below for four easy ways to market your gift cards!
- Get started early!
Set up a holiday display showcasing gift cards in the front of your restaurant or business to get your customers attention! If you have a window display, this is also a great place to showcase or include signage mentioning gift cards (and any related deals). If you have the resources, create gift card holders or boxes to make a typical gift card purchase really stand out!
- Get your employees on board!
Make sure all employees share information about your gift cards and any related deals. Provide them with a loose dialogue of how to promote the gift cards.
– For servers/bartenders – remind diners/drinkers at the end of the meal about the upcoming holidays and if they’d like to purchase a card for someone on their shopping list.
– For retail – have employees remind all customers at check out about gift cards and any related deals.
- Promote on social media.
Take advantage of your social media following and appeal to those looking for an easy gift this holiday season. Make sure to share special holiday designs and promotions.
- Give customers an incentive!
Incentivize gift card buyers by offering a gift card for their purchase. For example, offer a free $10 gift card for purchases over $50, or a $20 gift card for the buyer for purchasing gift cards totaling $100 or more. This will also motivate customers to buy in larger denominations.
We hope you enjoyed this article and learned some great ways to promote your gift cards during the holidays! Are you a local veteran business owner? Check out our upcoming Live Stream for Veteran’s Small Business Week on November 5th at noon and learn how free tools and resources can help you grow! Looking to connect with and support local businesses? Attend a live streamed ribbon cutting event, see below for upcoming opportunities. To attend a ribbon-cutting or our Live Stream, please RSVP to [email protected]
- 11/7 at 5 p.m. Health Village Imaging – for 5:30 p.m. ceremony at 1301 Rt 72 East, Suite 100, Manahawkin.
- 11/9 at 11:30 a.m. Manasquan Bank – for noon ceremony at 525 Rt 72 East, Manahawkin.
- 11/9 at 1:30 p.m. Delights Artisan Café – for 2 p.m. ceremony at 34 South Main Street, Barnegat.