Southern Ocean Chamber Holiday Hallmarks are meant to provide resources to businesses throughout the LBI region during the holiday season. The series will offer tips and tricks on how to standout as well as innovative marketing strategies, and will remind residents and visitors the importance of supporting local businesses.
– – –
Engage your current clientele and attract some new customers by creating holiday shopping incentives! Plan out your holiday deals and offerings to ensure your patrons will have the best shopping experience. With many people shopping online or at chains, it’s important to show how your small business stands out by offering special touches. This will keep loyal customers coming back again and again!
Offer Extended Shopping Hours
This time of year you’re likely to do more business than you normally would during the rest of the year. To better serve your clientele, extend your store hours on popular shopping days! Especially the days leading up to a holiday, when you know people will be scrambling for gifts.
Create a Special Event/Offer for VIP Customers
VIP customers could be return customers or anyone who has signed up for your email list.
– For Retail – Expand your hours on a Saturday or Sunday (so most can make it) and invite return customers to an exclusive shopping celebration with special deals, refreshments, holiday music and free gift wrapping.
– For Restaurants – Offer VIP customers a free seasonal appetizer during their next dining experience!
Offer Gift Wrapping
Offering gift wrapping to shoppers helps to simplify their to-do list and is an appealing add-on. Perhaps even offer free gift wrapping to customers who spend over $50, creating another incentive for them to spend more.
Make Gift Baskets
Take the guesswork out of your customer’s shopping experience. Everyone has a few people on their list that are tough to shop for. Make it easy and put together a few different gift baskets at different price points for those who aren’t sure what to buy.
Thanks for reading! We hope you’re inspired to try out some new holiday offerings this season. Are you a local veteran business owner? Check out our upcoming Live Stream for Veteran’s Small Business Week on November 5th at noon and learn how free tools and resources can help you grow! Looking to connect with and support local businesses? Come to our Innovate & Caffeinate event on November 13th and enjoy networking, breakfast buffet and a program full of the the latest tips and trends for holiday customer service or attend a live streamed ribbon cutting event, see below for upcoming opportunities. To attend a ribbon-cutting, Innovate & Caffeinate or our Live Stream, please RSVP to [email protected]
- 11/7 at 5 p.m. Health Village Imaging – for 5:30 p.m. ceremony at 1301 Rt 72 East, Suite 100, Manahawkin.
- 11/9 at 11:30 a.m. Manasquan Bank – for noon ceremony at 525 Rt 72 East, Manahawkin.
- 11/9 at 1:30 p.m. Delights Artisan Café – for 2 p.m. ceremony at 34 South Main Street, Barnegat.
Innovate & Caffeinate:
- 11/13 at 8:15 a.m. The Mainland in Manahawkin.