Southern Ocean Chamber Holiday Hallmarks are meant to provide resources to businesses throughout the LBI region during the holiday season. The series will offer tips and tricks on how to standout as well as innovative marketing strategies, and will remind residents and visitors the importance of supporting local businesses. #SOCHH
– – –
Get into the holiday spirit and throw a holiday themed event! This is a great way to engage your current clientele and bring in new business. Everyone is looking for seasonal events to attend, so don’t miss a great opportunity to help your business stand out! Not sure where to start? We’ve got you covered with some great ideas below.
- Invite Santa Claus
Parents love bringing their kids to visit Santa Claus around Christmas time. Attract some new customers by hosting a special event at your business!
- Ugly Sweater Contest
Host an ugly sweater contest at your business! What’s more festive than breaking out your most awkward clothing for a night out?!
– For Retail: Host an open-house at your location for two hours with some light refreshments, sales and an ugly sweater contest. Winner will receive a special prize from your store.
– For Restaurants: Choose a specific night to hold the contest, all customers who arrive between 6-8 p.m. are eligible to be entered. Winner will receive a gift certificate to your location.
- Hand Out Hot Chocolate
Spread some holiday cheer and hand out hot chocolate or other seasonal beverages! This is a great way to attract nearby shoppers.
- Host a Cookie Decorating Party
Parents are always looking for something to do with their kids during the cold winter months. Keep the kids busy with a cookie decorating party, allowing parents time to shop and mingle!
We hope you enjoyed this article and will utilize some of these ideas this holiday season! Are you a local veteran business owner? Check out our upcoming Live Stream for Veteran’s Small Business Week on November 5th at noon and learn how free tools and resources can help you grow! Looking to connect with and support local businesses? Attend a live streamed ribbon cutting event, see below for upcoming opportunities. To attend a ribbon-cutting or our Live Stream, please RSVP to [email protected]
- 11/7 at 5 p.m. Health Village Imaging – for 5:30 p.m. ceremony at 1301 Rt 72 East, Suite 100, Manahawkin.
- 11/9 at 11:30 a.m. Manasquan Bank – for noon ceremony at 525 Rt 72 East, Manahawkin.
- 11/9 at 1:30 p.m. Delights Artisan Café – for 2 p.m. ceremony at 34 South Main Street, Barnegat.