Southern Ocean Chamber Holiday Hallmarks are meant to provide resources to businesses throughout the LBI region during the holiday season. The series will offer tips and tricks on how to standout as well as innovative marketing strategies, and will remind residents and visitors the importance of supporting local businesses. #SOCHH
– – –
With the holidays upon us, make sure to capitalize on seasonal business! One great way to do this is by displaying holiday decor. Many studies have shown that overwhelmingly, customers are more likely to walk into a business that has decorations. Your patrons will love sharing in the festivities and this could be a great way to draw in new clientele.
Start with a Theme
Does your business have a style aesthetic? For example, an upscale store might not want to display cartoon reindeer. Think about your brand and the demographic you’re hoping to reach. Here are some ideas to get you started:
- Winter Wonderland: Clean aesthetic with white and silver colors – include everything from snowflakes to snowmen.
- Playful: Set the stage for Santa and his elves — kid-friendly decor.
- Traditional: Go with the customary red and green decor.
- Glamour: Lots of sparkles, glitter and twinkle lights.
- Vintage: Evoke nostalgia with antique or old-fashioned decorations.
Create a Fun Lights Display
Show off your spirit by creating a festive lights display that people will go out of their way to visit! This may also be a great way to draw in new patrons.
Have Employees Join in on the Festivities
- Have uniforms? Create a seasonal shirt/top for your employees to wear.
- Or establish a color scheme/dress code for employees – red tops with black slacks, with any holiday accessories.
This is a key element for your business this season. Use your store windows to create a festive environment that also showcases some of your popular holiday products! If you’re not pushing products, this could include some signage promoting various services or offerings.
Display Holiday Themed Art
- Dress up your store and support local artists by displaying holiday themed art at your location. You can even offer it for sale to help local artists find buyers. Make it a win-win and propose a commission arrangement for any purchased pieces.
- Or, have a coloring contest for kids and display their holiday artwork on a wall!
We hope you enjoyed this article and will utilize some of these ideas this holiday season! Looking to connect with local businesses and support small business in the LBI Region? Check out our upcoming Women in Business event on October 29th at Surf City Hotel starting at 10 a.m. or attend a live streamed ribbon cutting event (see below for a list of upcoming ribbon cuttings). To attend a ribbon-cutting or Women in Business, please RSVP to [email protected].
- 10/25 at 11:30 a.m. – Family Promise of Southern Ocean County – for noon ceremony at 1001 Rt 9 South, West Creek.
- 11/2 at 11:30 a.m. Delights Artisan Café – for noon ceremony at 34 South Main Street, Barnegat.
- 11/7 at 5 p.m. Health Village Imaging – for 530pm ceremony at 1301 Rt 72 East, Suite 100, Manahawkin.
- 11/9 at 11:30 a.m. Manasquan Bank – for noon ceremony at 525 Rt 72 East, Manahawkin.