Southern Ocean Chamber Holiday Hallmarks are meant to provide resources to businesses throughout the LBI region during the holiday season. The series will offer tips and tricks on how to standout as well as innovative marketing strategies, and will remind residents and visitors the importance of supporting local businesses. #SOCHH
– – –
In honor of the upcoming holiday season, we’ve put together 5 tips to help you get a handle on your seasonal marketing! Please see below for ideas on how to make your business stand out during the holidays! Also, today is Support Your Chamber Day! Help us celebrate by sharing this post on your social media pages.
- Send out cards (or emails) to customers offering a holiday gift with purchase.
Those who are looking for gift inspiration will be motivated to visit your business and take advantage of the incentive!
- Hold a 12 Days of Christmas Sale.
To keep people shopping throughout the holiday season, host a special sale where people can get specific products or deals for twelve days leading up to Christmas. You can even throw in some fun themed days to really get people into the spirit. For example: “Santa Saturdays.”
– For retail – everything that has a Santa on it will be 15% off.
– For restaurants – anyone wearing a Santa on their outfit will receive 15% off their meal.
– For businesses – anyone wearing a Santa receives 15% of their service or a 15% off coupon.
- Gift Card Bonuses
If you sell gift cards, make it more exciting by offering bonuses! For example, you might include a $5 gift card with the purchase of a $20 gift card.
- Have a Photo Contest on Facebook.
On Facebook/Instagram, encourage your followers to get involved by asking them to share their favorite holiday photos and tagging your business handle. You can even make it into a contest, giving them an incentive to participate! Make sure to create a hashtag to accompany the contest to increase your reach.
- Introduce Holiday Themes
– For restaurants – Create holiday-themed menus, suddenly your Cosmo becomes a “Candy Cane Cocktail.”
– For retail – Change product names, your jewelry section suddenly becomes “Mrs. Claus’s Jewelry Box.”
– For businesses – Change service names, your “Silver Tier Car Wash Package” suddenly becomes “Santa’s Sleigh – Wash and Dry.”
Thanks for reading, we hope you found some inspiration to try something new this season! In addition to these holiday marketing tips, we also have a great event happening today – Grow with Google – 2019 Holiday Livestream. This event will provide brief trainings and tips on how to boost your online presence, reach more customers and gear up for a successful holiday season from experts at Google. Make sure to RSVP to [email protected].
Looking to connect with local businesses and support small business in the LBI Region? Attend a live streamed ribbon cutting event hosted by the Southern Ocean County Chamber of Commerce! See below for two upcoming opportunities!
- 10/19 at 9:30 a.m. Manasquan Bank – 10 a.m. ceremony at 540 Rt 9 South, Little Egg Harbor.
- 10/25 at 11:30 a.m. Family Promise of Southern Ocean County – noon ceremony at 1001 Rt 9 South, West Creek.