Southern Ocean Chamber Holiday Hallmarks are meant to provide resources to businesses throughout the LBI region during the holiday season. The series will offer tips and tricks on how to standout as well as innovative marketing strategies, and will remind residents and visitors the importance of supporting local businesses. #SOCHH
– – –
As we quickly move our way towards November, many of us have started thinking about holiday shopping and perhaps have even started a shopping list. This year, rather than make all of your purchases from huge chains or online retailers, think about visiting some of the incredible shops and restaurants in the LBI Region! See below for 3 major reasons to support your local economy and community this year by shopping local.
- Local businesses are owned and operated by your neighbors!
They care about and are invested in the well-being of our community and it’s future.
- Your money stays local.
For every $100 you spend at local businesses, roughly $68 to $73 of it will stay in the community. The reason for this is that locally-owned businesses often support other local businesses by utilizing them for their various needs. So purchasing local actually helps grow other businesses as well as our region’s tax base!
- You’re Supporting the Community
In addition to generating more tax revenue per sales dollar, taxes paid by local businesses are widely contributed to our schools, parks, roads, and other local programs that benefit our community.
We hope you learned something new in this article and will prioritize shopping local this season and encourage your peers to do so as well! Looking to connect with local businesses and support small business in the LBI Region? Check out our upcoming Women in Business event on October 29th at Surf City Hotel starting at 10 a.m. or attend a live streamed ribbon cutting event (see below for a list of upcoming ribbon cuttings). To attend a ribbon-cutting or Women in Business, please RSVP to [email protected].
- 10/25 at 11:30 a.m. – Family Promise of Southern Ocean County – for noon ceremony at 1001 Rt 9 South, West Creek.
- 11/7 at 5 p.m. Health Village Imaging – for 5:30 p.m. ceremony at 1301 Rt 72 East, Suite 100, Manahawkin.
- 11/9 at 11:30 a.m. Manasquan Bank – for noon ceremony at 525 Rt 72 East, Manahawkin.
- 11/9 at 1:30 p.m. Delights Artisan Café – for 2 p.m. ceremony at 34 South Main Street, Barnegat.