Located on Rt. 9 in Little Egg Harbor Township, the West Tuckerton Volunteer Fire Company was formed in 1947 and they are celebrating their 72nd year. Our firehouse was started by 28 firemen and with 30 ladies which made up the auxiliary. Some of members are cross trained as EMTs and divers.
Their current building was built in 1966 a three bay garage with a kitchen and gear room. In the late 1980’s, there was an addition of 3 offices and a meeting room were built. In 2002, a two bay garage was added behind the firehouse to house the rescue boats, support vehicles, and the firehouse gym. In the summer of 2015, the twenty foot addition to the truck bays increased the size of the station and allowed for some much needed renovation. In 2012, the fire company took delivery on two new trucks; a pumper-rescue and a ladder truck.
On average, West Tuckerton Volunteer Fire Company runs about 300 calls a year, mostly fire and motor vehicle collision (MVCs). Their response area is made up of the Garden State Parkway, Route 9, and County Highway 539 and surrounding areas. They have mutual aid with Parkertown Volunteer Fire, Mystic Islands Volunteer Fire, Tuckerton Fire, and Stafford Township Volunteer Fire.
The West Tuckerton Fire Company Auxiliary is the support team for the West Tuckerton Volunteer Fire Company. They meet on the first Tuesday of the month at 7pm. They are always looking for new members. The Auxiliary schedules events throughout the year to raise much needed funds for the Fire Company. Save the date for their upcoming event – Designer Bag Bingo – scheduled for May 10. Be sure to follow the Auxiliary and the Fire Conpany on Facebook for upcoming events and news.