The LBI Region, The Perfect Setting for Any Celebration
Weddings and Events
Whether it is an extravagant formal festivity or the simple elegance of an intimate affair, our region offers a variety of settings to fit every taste and budget. The Southern Ocean County Chamber of Commerce members provide quality service and expertise that will make planning your wedding a relaxed and enjoyable experience for you and your guests.
Explore Your Options
The Wedding Road Show
Our Chamber collaborates with wedding industry media, professionals and venues to bring destination weddings to the LBI Region. Brides and their entourages register to attend a free all day self-guided tour that allows them to learn about wedding options and services directly when touring.
The LBI Region offers countless option for Wedding Venues. Restaurants, museums, art galleries, historic places and more. Many Southern Ocean County Chamber of Commerce members offer a unique location for your wedding – visit our directory for more information!
Plan Ahead: Beach Information
Beach ceremonies are a popular choice for many brides! Permits must be obtained from the municipality where the beach is located. Please contact the district directly to acquire the proper procedures necessary to hold your ceremony.
North End of the Long Beach Island
Borough of Barnegat Light – (609) 494-9196
Borough of Harvey Cedars – (609) 494-2843
Borough of Surf City – (609) 494-2843
Borough of Ship Bottom – (609) 494-1614
Borough of Beach Haven – (609) 492-0111
Township of Long Beach – (609) 361-1000 has jurisdiction over High Bar Harbor, Loveladies, North Beach, Brant Beach, Beach Haven Crest, Brighton Beach, Peahala Park, Beach Haven Park, Haven Beach, The Dunes, Beach Haven Terrace, Beach Haven Gardens, Bay Vista, Spray Beach, North Beach Haven, Beach Haven Heights, SIlver Sands, Beach Haven Inlet and Holgate.
Select Your Church
- Barnegat Friends, Barnegat. (609) 698-2058
- Bayside Chapel, Barnegat. (609) 597-8499
- Calvary Chapel, Staffordville. (609) 597-4884
- Cedar Run Assembly of God Church, Cedar Run. (609) 597-3225
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, Manahawkin. (609) 660-1992
- Grace Calvary Church, Ship Bottom. (609) 494-7777
- King of Kings Community Church, Manahawkin. (609) 597-7177
- Koinonia Mission 609-339-5868
- New Life Assembly of God, Ship Bottom. (609) 361-9373
- Ocean Community Church, Manahawkin. (609) 597-5151
- Spray Beach Chapel, Spray Beach. (609) 492-0057
- The United Church of Surf City, Surf City. (609) 494-6206
- Historic Old Manahawkin Baptist Church, Manahawkin. (609) 597-0410
- Island Baptist Church, Beach Haven. (609) 492-7584
- Manahawkin Baptist, Manahawkin. (609) 597-7586
- Mount Zion Baptist Church, Barnegat. (609) 698-2537
- Church of Holy Spirit, Tuckerton. (609) 296-9618
- St. Peter’s at the Light, Barnegat Light. (609) 494-2398
- St. Stephen’s Episcopal, Waretown. (609) 698-8561
- Holy Innocents, Beach Haven. (609) 492-7571
- Jewish Community Center, Spray Beach. (609) 492-4090
- Reform Jewish Community of Barnegat, Barnegat. (609) 290-5040
- Good Shepherd Lutheran, Little Egg Harbor. (609) 296-3585
- Holy Trinity Lutheran Church, Brant Beach. (609) 494-6888
- Joy Lutheran Church, Waretown. (609) 698-3306
- Lutheran Church of Holy Spirit, Manahawkin. (609) 597-2696
- Zion Lutheran Church, Barnegat Light. (609) 494-8676
- Barnegat United Methodist, Barnegat. (609) 698-7431
- Beach Haven United Methodist, Beach Haven. (609) 492-0421
- United Methodist of Manahawkin, Manahawkin. (609) 597-7666
- First United Methodist Church, Beach Haven Terrace. (609) 492-9843
- Waretown Methodist, Waretown. (609) 693-3134
- West Creek United Methodist, West Creek. (609) 296-0770
- First Presbyterian Church, Tuckerton. (609) 296-8894
- Wright Memorial Church, Barnegat. (609) 698-3358
- St. Clare Church, Loveladies. (609) 494-8813
- St. Francis of Assisi Church, Brant Beach. (609) 494-8861
- St. Mary’s Church, Barnegat. (609) 698-5531
- St. Theresa’s Church, Tuckerton. (609) 296-2504
- St. Thomas Aquinas Church, Beach Haven. (609) 494-8813
- St. Thomas of Villanova Church, Surf City. (609) 494-8813
No permit needed for ceremonies in town.
Hotspots: Pavilion at Recreation and Lake Area on Rt. 532 (there is a small fee to rent), Wells Mills County Park (this is a county park so may have additional rules/regulations).
No permit needed.
Hotspots: Gazebo at Barnegat Dock on Bay or Bay Beach, Meadow Edge Park
No permit needed however reservations may be needed for certain locations. Hotspots: Manahawkin Lake Gazebo, A. Paul King Park (County park so may have additional rules/regulations).
Little Egg Harbor
Notification of intent is needed if holding ceremony in their parks, etc..
Hotspots: Parkertown Bay Beach or Freedom Field (this is county park so may have their own rules/regulations).
No permits needed for wedding ceremonies at destinations in township.
Hotspots: South Green St. in the park on the bay, Tip Seaman County Park (county requires permit and has rules/regulations for ceremony or photos to be taken
No permit needed to get married on the beach in Barnegat Light. However a permit is needed to get married in the Lighthouse State Park. Contact is the park for permit/rules/regulations.
Hotspots: Barnegat Light State Park
Long Beach Township
A gathering permit from the police department is needed to get married on the beach or park.
Permit needed to get married at parks or on beach in town.
Hotspot: Sunset Park at the Pavilion.
No permit needed to get married on beach.
Hotspots- Bay Beach
No fee but permission needed via letter. Need to request permission in writing for the location, date, time, how many people, do chairs have to be set up, etc… Please call Kathleen Wells at town hall 609-494-7213 ext.116. Hotspots: 13th St (Sunset point on the bay with gazebo and garden), and 4th & 5th street bay beaches.
No permit needed.
Hotspots: Oceanfront Pavilions on Pearl St and 5th St. Also on 9th St there is a gazebo on the bay. For ceremony or rain date option for beach ceremony contact Long Beach Island Historical Association Museum on Engleside and Beach Avenues, Beach Haven 609 492 0700
Frequently Asked Questions
- Who do I contact to get married in the LBI region?
The Southern Ocean County Chamber of Commerce Visitor Center
Once you decide on where you would like to hold your ceremony, you must contact the town directly for a license (if neither bride or groom are New Jersey residents) or for a permit to hold ceremony. It is recommended that this be done as soon as you have set the wedding date. If neither the bride or the groom are New Jersey residents they need to apply for a marriage license in the town where their ceremony is taking place with one witness who has known each of you for at least one year. If the bride lives within the state of New Jersey, the application should be made in her town of residence. If the Bride does not live in New Jersey, but the groom does, they should apply in his town of residence.
- What do I need for a marriage license?
The couple and witness must each bring two forms of identification (they must be government issued id, such as driver’s license, passport, visa, birth certificate, social security, one must be photo id) If the bride or groom were married before they must bring either an annulment order,death certificate or a copy of their divorce decree.
There is a 72 hour waiting period required between application and issuance, only one party is needed to pick up the license. Once the license is issued,it is valid for 30 days. It is recommended that you make application two weeks prior to the wedding date.
Once you receive the four part license (one pink, one blue and two white carbon sheets) you will need to give it to the officiate who will be performing the ceremony. After the ceremony, the officiate and any two witnesses (over age 18) must sign the license. You will then be given the pink copy (keep this one with you, as it is the only proof of marriage until after the license is filed) The officiate will keep the blue copy and must file the license in the municipality where the ceremony was performed with five days of the wedding. Once the license has been filed by the officiate the bride or groom can apply for a “Request for Marriage Certificate”. This can be obtained from the state government in Trenton or from the registrar of the municipality in which you were wed.
- Municipal Phone Numbers
Borough of Harvey Cedars – (609) 494 2843
Borough of Barnegat Light – (609) 494 9198
Borough of Ship Bottom – (609) 494 1614
Township of Long Beach – (609) 361 1000
Borough of Beach Haven – (609) 492 0111
Township of Barnegat – (609) 698 7832
Township of Stafford – (609) 597 1000
Borough of Tuckerton – (609) 296 2701
Township of Eagleswood – (609) 296 3040
For more information; stop into our Visitor Center to pick up a large variety of wedding service information including the Focus Event Guide published in partnership with The Sandpaper and the Chamber of Commerce.