GOING STRONG FOR OVER 100 YEARS
The Southern Ocean County Chamber of Commerce is a strong network of dedicated local small business owners who work together to promote area business and to foster a prosperous climate for economic development and business growth in Southern Ocean County. Through their investment in the Chamber, member business owners support a wide variety of programs that benefit the entire community.
The Power of Connection
MARKETING THAT CONNECTS THE PUBLIC WITH OUR MEMBERS
Marketing Opportunities that reach your local consumer:
- Distribute business brochures, literature and promotional material at the Chamber of Commerce Visitor Center. Information is provided to over 150,000 residents and visitors each year.
- Advertise your business and promotions in monthly Chamber newsletters.
- Be a star in the Regional Directory, our region’s printed business directory and the official guidebook of the Chamber. Chamber member businesses are highlighted and indicated as Chamber members.
- Network at our monthly luncheons and Business After Hours events
- Market directly to residents at the Chamber’s Annual Living in Southern Ocean County Family Expo
- Use the chamber logo on business advertisements and website for added recognition
- Promote to twenty five thousand at the Chamber’s Annual Chowder fest Weekend
Marketing Opportunities that reach Visitors:
- Southern Ocean County Chamber of Commerce serves as the Destination Marketing Organization for the Greater Long Beach Island Region. The sole purpose of the DMO is to promote restaurants, lodging, attractions, and retail shops to influence visitors travel plans BEFORE leaving their home.
- Advertising opportunities in Chamber Escape Guide, our regional tourism vacation planner.
- Chamber Members benefit from direct promotion at local and national shows including NY TIMES Travel Show, NYC, Philadelphia Inquirer Travel Show and Star Ledger Travel Show, Westfield, NJ.
- Participation in Mid week and Off Season Region Wide Promotions that reach both local and out of area consumers through email blasts, e updates, radio and print advertising that are tracked and reported.
- Serving as the area’s receptive operator, we provide tour planners with ongoing information regarding our group marketing partners such as attractions, venues and seasonal events. Come back packaging and special offers are also disseminated to incoming groups.
Southern Ocean County Chamber Web Development
- Through grant funding for the New Jersey Office of Travel and Tourism Southern Ocean County Chamber has entered into partnership with Mena Studios LLC, premier WordPress web development company in the US . Mena Studios LLC has developed sites for small to large businesses including government agencies, and will enable our region to become a competitive year round through qualified marketing, in-bound marketing, social media and Search Engine Optimization. Our membership will substantially save on advertising costs, increase visibility and receive valuable marketing insight that help redefine the way they are doing business.
The Value of Recognition
SUPPORTING THE BUSINESS COMMUNITY AND BEYOND
- Our monthly newsletter is emailed to all members. The newsletter keeps you posted on events and also provides regional, statewide and national business and tourism updates
- A contact list of all members available upon request
- Cooperative and marketing program options
- Valuable business building network events with area business owners, managers and community leaders through the monthly general membership luncheon, Business After Hours, as well as our consumer expo.
- Seminars and Workshops to keep membership updated on current business climate and trends.
Community Involvement/Cause Marketing:
- Taste of Ocean County, an annual event hosted by the Chamber that brings businesses and community together to benefit the food banks in Southern Ocean County.
- Through Annual Chowderfest efforts, the Chamber supports local service organizations, community events, and local environmental initiatives.
- Sponsorship of Long Island Arts & Science Foundation Ecologically minded Blue Pages.
- Support of ReClam the Bay and Alliance for Living Ocean
- Grant Support and consultation provided to members who seek funding for tourism related marketing or programs.